Applying to Sunrise Flight Academy:
Filling out an application for admission to Sunrise Flight Academy is the first step to setting foot in one of our beautiful aircraft and starting your career in aviation. We are thrilled that you have chosen us! We have made the enrollment process very simple. We will require a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $500 USD. All payments are to be made directly to bank accounts for "Sunrise Aviation Inc" in Ormond Beach, Florida ONLY.
There are three easy ways to begin the process of enrollment at Sunrise Aviation:
1) Send us a message using the Contact Us Form.
2) Give us a call at +1 (386) 677 5724
3) Stop by our facility
International Student Enrollment Process
To become eligible to obtain flight training in the United States, you must complete 3 straightforward but important steps. They are:
- Apply and be accepted to an FAA 141 Certified Flight School that has been approved by SEVIS to issue I-20 Visa applications. Sunrise Aviation is approved by the FAA as a Part 141 Pilot School and by SEVIS to issue the I-20 application for the M1 visa.
- Register with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and obtain an M1 Visa to enter the country. To get the M1 Visa, you must be interviewed at a US Embassy or Consulate.
- Register with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) through the Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP) online.
Step by step instructions for obtaining your M-1 Student Visa
- Complete and submit the Enrollment Form along with a copy of the student’s current, valid passport and pay the $500.00 nonrefundable application fee (see wiring instructions and credit card authorization attached). Upon receipt of these documents, we will generate an I-20 for an M-1 visa. A copy will be emailed for approval upon request or as deemed appropriate by Sunrise Aviation.
- When emailed, you will need to verify via email that all of the information on the I-20 is correct making sure that the name matches exactly as it reads on the passport, the date of birth is correct, the countries of birth and citizenship are correct, and the program dates and costs are correct.
- By replying via email the verification that all of the information is correct, an original I-20 and Letter of Acceptance will be shipped via DHL to the student and a tracking number will be emailed to you.
- Upon approval of the I-20, you will then be required to pay a SEVIS I-901 fee of $200.00. You will go online and log onto www.fmjfee.com to complete the process (this can be done with the approved scanned copy of the I-20 while awaiting the original being sent by courier). Once the fee is paid, be sure to print the payment receipt as this will be part of the required documentation to be presented at the embassy interview. You will then notify Sunrise the payment has been made.
- Next you will be required to complete the Form DS-160 on-line by logging onto www.travel.state.gov. Click on “Visas” from the toolbar across the top and then “Forms” from the toolbar on the left side. Click on the following link:
DS-160: Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (for all nonimmigrant categories except K applications)
You can choose either “Frequently Asked Questions” for assistance with completing the form or “Consular Electronic Application Center website” to start completing the form as shown below:
Review the Frequently Asked Questions for instructions about using the DS-160.
Access the online DS-160 by clicking: Consular Electronic Application Center website.
Upon completion of the form, you will be required to print the form and bring this to the embassy as a required document.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy/Consulate closest to you to schedule an interview to obtain the M-1 Visa. Detailed information on how to obtain the M-1 visa and what documentation will be required as well as embassy locations for the interview can be found at https://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html if needed. Once completed, you will notify Sunrise the date of your interview.
- Once you have completed the interview process and been granted your M-1 visa, you will need yo email a copy of your M-1 visa stamp from your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The TSA Application process is known to take 2-4 weeks on average for approval and in some cases longer. Therefore, if you have not already been instructed to begin an application you will need to do so. Likewise, if you have not already received the information from Sunrise that includes the step by step instructions, contact us by email to have them sent. You will then start by logging into www.flightschoolcandidates.gov. Enter all of the information as listed within the instructions and when complete contact Sunrise before finally hitting submit. If you are not able to complete the entire application we will assist you upon your arrival or you can contact Sunrise at +1-385-677-5724 or email@example.com for further instructions. After this initial submission to www.flightschoolcandidates.gov , additional instructions will then be given regarding the initial acknowledgment and payment for processing.
9. Instructions regarding arrival information will be sent at the time you sent after you send a copy of your visa to the school.
This is NOT a difficult process!