Filling out an application for admission to Sunrise Flight Academy is the first step to setting foot in one of our beautiful aircraft and starting your career in aviation. We are thrilled that you have chosen us! We have made the the enrolment process very simple. We will require a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $500 USD.There are four easy ways to begin the process of enrolment at Sunrise Aviation, they are:
- 1) Send us a message using the contact us page of our website.
- 2) Send an email to info[at]flysunrise.com
- 3) Give us a call! +1 (386) 677 5724
- 4) Stop in to our facility
International Student Enrollment Process
To become eligible to obtain flight training in the United States you must complete three straight forward but important steps. They are:
- Apply and be accepted to a FAA 141 Certified Flight School who has been approved by SEVIS to issue I-20 Visa application. Sunrise Aviation is approved by the FAA as a Part 141 Pilot School and by SEVIS to issue the I-20 application for the M1 visa.
- Register with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and obtain an M1 Visa to enter the country. To get the M1 Visa, you must be interviewed at a US Embassy or Consulate.
- Register with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) through the Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP) online.
Step by Step Instructions on how to Obtain a M1 Visa
- Complete and submit the Sunrise Aviation enrollment form along with a copy of your current and valid passport. Send the passport copy to us as an email attachment. There is a one-time $500 USD application fee at Sunrise Aviation. Once we receive your enrollment form, application fee and passport, we will generate your I-20, send you a scanned copy of the I-20 along with a letter of acceptance, and send more details on how to continue the enrollment process. Once you receive the scanned copies of the I-20, you may proceed to complete the I-901 form and pay the required fee at www.fmjfee.com. We will then send you the originals of all documents by international express courier (such as UPS or DHL). The application fee paid to Sunrise Aviation is used to send these documents one time. If you require these documents to be sent again you will be charged shipping and handling. Further information on the visa process can be found at www.ice.gov.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy or consulate in your country to schedule an interview to obtain your M1 Visa. Detailed information on how to obtain your M1 Visa and what documentation you need can be found at the United States Government’s Website. Locations of the U.S. Embassies or consulates can be found at www.usembassy.gov.
- Once your M1 Visa is approved, we will receive notification through SEVIS of that approval. At this point, it will be time for you to make your travel arrangements and provide us with an itinerary. We offer transportation from Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB), Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. If you arrive after hours, you may wish to stay in a hotel the first night.
- Register with TSA online. We will provide you with details on the registration process which can also be found at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov by clicking on the “Application Guide” tab.
- You must obtain an FAA First Class medical either in your own country or after your arrive at Sunrise. You can locate an approved examiner in your country by following this link: www.faa.gov/pilots/amelocator.