The enrollment process is simple. We are one of the few schools that have NO APPLICATION FEES even for international students.
There are four ways to begin enrollment for flight training at Sunrise Aviation
- 1. Use the convenient Request Information form on the left of everypage on this website.
- 2. Send an email to email@example.com.
- 3. Send us a fax: 1-386-677-9575.
- 4. Or give us a call! 1-386-677-5724.
International Student Enrollment Process at Sunrise Aviation
To become eligible to obtain flight training in the United States you must complete three straight forward but important steps. They are:
- 1. Apply and be accepted to a FAA 141 Certified Flight School who has been approved by SEVIS to issue I-20 Visa application. Sunrise Aviation is approved by the FAA as a Part 141 Pilot School and by SEVIS to issue the I-20 application for the M1 visa.
- 2. Register with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and obtain an M1 Visa to enter the country. To get the M1 Visa, you must be interviewed at a US Embassy or Consulate.
- 3. Register with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) through the Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP) online.
Step by Step Instructions on how to Obtain a M1 Visa :
- 1. Complete and submit the Sunrise Aviation enrollment form along with a copy of your current and valid passport. Send the passport copy to us as an email attachment. Unlike other schools there is no application fee at Sunrise Aviation. Once we receive your enrollment form and passport, we will generate your I-20, send you a scanned copy of the I-20 along with a letter of acceptance, and send more details on how to continue the enrollment process. Once you receive the scanned copies of the I-20, you may proceed to complete the I-901 form and pay the required fee at www.fmjfee.com. We will then send you the originals of all documents by international express courier (such as UPS or DHL). There is $75.00 fee to be paid to Sunrise Aviation to send these documents. This fee, paid to Sunrise Aviation, is only to cover the direct cost of shipping and handling. Further information on the visa process can be found at www.ice.gov.
- 2. Contact the U.S. Embassy or consulate in your country to schedule an interview to obtain your M1 Visa. Detailed information on how to obtain your M1 Visa and what documentation you need can be found United States Government’s Website. Locations of the U.S. Embassies or consulates can be found at www.usembassy.gov.
- 3. Once your M1 Visa is approved, we will receive notification through SEVIS of that approval. At this point, it will be time for you to make your travel arrangements and provide us with an itinerary. We offer transportation from Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB), Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. If you arrive after hours, you may wish to stay in a hotel the first night.
- 4. Register with TSA online. We will provide you with details on the registration process which can also be found at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov by clicking on the “Application Guide” tab.
- 5. You must obtain an FAA First Class medical either in your own country or after your arrive at Sunrise. You can locate an approved examiner in your country by following this link: www.faa.gov/pilots/amelocator.
This is NOT a difficult process!
SUNRISE AVIATION provides personalized guidance from the time we receive your enrollment form until we pick you up at the Airport!